The Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine
Part 1 of the ChiBall Teacher Training
This course teaches an understanding of the four main elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and their influences on ChiBall. It outlines the characteristics of Chi (our life force or vital energy) Yin and Yang, The Meridian system, the Five Elements. The course emphasises the practical skills that allow ChiBall practitioners to explain to their students the importance of the flow of nature as it relates to exercise.
Upon completion of this module the ChiBall practitioner will be able to:
- Compare and contrast Tao, Yin and Yang and their relationships
- Explain the characteristics of Yin and Yang.
- Categorise objects according to their aspects of Yin and Yang.
- Explain in everyday terms the generation and depletion of Qi
- Identify the meridians
- Name the functions of the major yin and yang organ groups and their relationship to the 24hr Organ clock
- Explain the natural cycle of the elements and their creating and controlling relationships
- Summarise the five seasons, their correspondences and significance
- The TCM Manual in pdf format
- Student Workbook in pdf format
- Over four hours of interactive video lectures
- A self assessment questionnaire
- A certificate of completion